- Front-End Software Developer
- Software Engineer I
Front-End Software Developer — New Posting – 3/1/2022
Are you passionate about reducing disinformation and hate speech in social media, and monitoring the use of that media for fraudulent and illegal activities? Here at Netanomics we focus on providing software solutions for assessing media data coming from various news and social media sources.
As a Software Developer on this team, you will have the unique opportunity of not just designing and developing front-end systems and designing web interfaces and APIs for these media assessment tools, but also the potential to ensure those interfaces meet the needs of our customers. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys building modern experiences for customers to leverage complex data sets.
We are looking for someone who is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. If you are an experience user experience software developer who wants the opportunity to work on a truly impactful product while being fully remote – this role is for you!
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, at least one year focused specifically on user experience / front-end
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++
- Experience having developed system interfaces for webtools
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Strong desire to build great products and learn new skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience with modern UI frameworks
- Familiarity with version control tools, primarily GIT
- Preferred – Self-motivated individual with a history of setting goals for themselves and achieving them.
- Preferred – Strong understanding of IIS/Webservice and XML/XSL
- Preferred – Experience with WCF, WPF, service-oriented architecture, BizTalk and AJAX
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume (pdf preferred) and contact information to the us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front-End Software Developer”. Please feel free to attach a sample of your previous UI work if available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Salary Range: $70k – $120k / year depending on background and experience level.
This job is primarily remote at this time but will involve on site activities in the Pittsburgh region and in the DC region.
Software Engineer I
To design and develop computer programs for the analysis of social media and social network data. To coordinate with other Software Engineers working for the Company in the design and development of computer programs for the analysis, simulation and visualization of social network data.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Writing software, debugging software, writing build scripts, writing testing scripts, writing documentation, adding requested features to software, etc. This may include software to analyze complex socio-technical challenges and it may include software for visualization of
socio-technical data. The candidate will have substantial latitude in determining which projects to work on when. The candidate’s supervisor will lay out the high-level deadlines for each portion of the project. The candidate will be responsible for breaking these requirements up into unit tasks and will also be responsible for scheduling the work on each of these unit tasks in order to meet the high-level deadlines. The candidate is expected to carry out the above duties using the technical skills in the software engineering / computer science area and the advanced knowledge gained through a combination of at least 4 Years of University education in the software engineering / computer science area and at least 2 Years of on-the-job experience. *
- Providing specified weekly, monthly, etc. reports and filling out timesheets as required by the Company and its’ various sponsors as specified to you by your supervisor. *
- Providing support to customers using the Company’s software via email, via telephone or via skype / teams / webex / zoom. *
- Providing training to customers from time to time and providing training and support to empower our team. This may be remote training or on-site training.
- Collaborating with your supervisor and other Software Engineers within the Company to define and satisfy data analysis requirements.
- Working with modern big data, and analytics technologies.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code. *
- Breaking down complex problems and implementing creative algorithms using state-of-the-art techniques.
Supervisory / Team Responsibilities: Working as part of a team to both analyze social network data sets to detect features such as bots and social media influence campaigns and to test and create documentation and training materials to support training in the use of these tools.
- Strong background developing with Java, including the use of multiple-inheritance and abstract classes.
- Solid foundation in algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming, and core Computer Science concepts.
- Experience having developed interfaces for web-based applications.
- Experience in developing tools deployed within the Amazon Web Services Framework.
- Experience with large scale data, and developing algorithms that are computationally
efficient for large datasets.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written. Should be able to explain what they are doing to other technically knowledgeable colleagues. Should be able to write high quality documentation of their work.
- Take directions constructively and work well within a distributed team setting
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering; and at least 2 years of related programming experience and/or training; or another equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Details of the Position: This position would be fully remote, with headquarters based in the Pittsburgh region. This is a full-time position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume (pdf preferred) and contact information to the Company at email@example.com with the subject line “Junior Analyst”. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.